Forum and Accommodation Fees
The Caux Conference and Seminar Centre consists of multiple buildings in close proximity to each other.
We offer our participants accommodation in the historic Caux Palace, the most impressive building overlooking Lake Geneva with 220 bedrooms and 445 beds. The Villa Maria and Chalet Repos are additional buildings and are used internally during the Caux Forum.
Accommodation and food costs are separate from the Caux Forum fees.
The Caux Forum includes four main events, a selection of side-events and training programmes. The following fees only apply to the participation for the main events.
Full participation of the event:
Ethical Leadership in Business CHF 360
Caux Dialogue on Environment and Security CHF 720
Creative Leadership CHF 540
Tools for Changemakers CHF 720
- The Forum Fee applies to participants who attend the entire duration of a Main Event.
- You can apply to a reduced Forum Fee if you are a citizen from developing countries or from conflict area, a student, an NGO employee, unemployed, pensioner or a member of the IofC network. Please therefore contact the Managing Director / Organizing Team of the Event you wish to participate in.
All fees mentioned above include:
- Participation in the chosen event
- Materials provided during the event
- Coffee and tea breaks as well as refreshments
Important: Meals are not included in the Forum fees. If, therefore you have not booked a room including full board at the Caux Palace, you will have to purchase a voucher at the Cash Desk for your meals.
Accompanying partners and children who are not participating in the events are more than welcome to stay in Caux and are not asked to pay the Forum Fee. If they stay overnight, they will only be asked to pay the accommodation and food rate. If they prefer to stay elsewhere, they can still join you for meals by buying a voucher from the Cash Desk.
Daily Forum Fee: CHF 270
The Daily Forum Fee applies to participants who are only attending certain days; the fee is charged per day. It includes:
- Full participation for one day in any event
- One meal
- Two coffee/tea breaks
We apply a registration fee of CHF 50.00 to everyone staying at Caux over the age of 6. This fee is to cover the administrative costs of the registration process. It has to be paid at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
It is important to us to make the Caux Forum accessible to everyone. Initiatives of Change Switzerland therefore provides financial aid for a limited number of participants who cannot afford to pay the full Forum Fee. Subsidies are only available for the Forum Fee. Unfortunately we cannot offer assistance with accommodation and food fees.
Please note that the number of subsidies is limited, and they will be granted on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Before applying, please check carefully if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Citizens from developing countries
- Citizens from conflict areas
- Students with a valid student card
- NGO employees
- Unemployed people
- IofC volunteers
- IofC employees/holder of a mandate by IofC
We offer two levels of reductions, depending on the above categories and the individual’s situation:
- Reduction Level 1 50% off the Forum Fee
- Reduction Level 2 100% off the Forum Fee
It may take up to two weeks for applications for financial assistance to be processed. Please note that not everybody who falls into one of the above categories will automatically receive a discount. We decide who to award assistance to based on the individual’s financial situation. If approved, the relevant amount is taken off the final invoice.
Please get in touch with the responsible person of your event to apply for financial assistance:
You can also reach out to our Reservation Service.
For payments, please use one of the following accounts or use PayPal to pay by credit card online (in CHF only). Payments in Caux can be made in cash (CHF, US$, £, Euro at the daily exchange rate), by credit card or debit card.
Account Holder: CAUX-Initiatives of Change Foundation, CH-6002 Lucerne
Bank: CreditSuisse, Schwanenplatz 8, CH-6002 Lucerne
IBAN: CH38 0483 5024 9270 6100 5
Clearing No.: 4835
Since cancellations have a considerable impact on the organization of the Forum, Programmes and Events, it is very important to inform the Reservations Team as early as possible about your cancellation by email.
(does not include the registration fee)
- Registration fee: The registration fee must be paid beforehand and is in general non-refundable*.
- Reservations cancelled 14 days or more prior to the date of arrival will be reimbursed. Initiatives of Change Switzerland will reimburse the amount you have paid, minus the bank fees and transfer costs charged during the payment process. Foreign exchange losses incurred in the process are not the responsibility of IofC Switzerland.
- Reservations cancelled 2 to 13 days days prior to the date of arrival will incur a 2 night charge.
- Reservations cancelled 1 day prior to the date of arrival, on the date of arrival or if participants arrive late for their stay, 100% of their stay will be charged. This also includes modifications while in Caux that result an earlier departure than the confirmed reservation.
*will only be refunded under certain circumstances such as death in the family, war situation or other major factors.
All Standard Rooms feature an en-suite bathroom with shower/bath and WC. Most of them have a balcony with panoramic views. Standard Rooms are equipped either with Belle Époque style or more modern furniture.
Prices per person per night with full board:
- Shared Standard Twin Room CHF 95.00
- Private Single Room Upgrade CHF 25.00
All Premium Rooms offer a balcony with sweeping panoramic views and feature Belle Époque style furniture. The rooms have been recently renovated and are equipped with an en-suite bathroom including shower/bath and toilet.
Prices per person per night with full board:
- Shared Premium Twin Room CHF 145
- Private Single Room upgrade: CHF 25.00
Please note that we have a limited number of Premium Rooms available and they will be allocated on a first booked, first served basis. If all the rooms are booked at the time of your request, you will be immediately informed and you will have to choose another room type.
Children are always welcome to join their parents. We offer the following discounts:
- Age 0-6 free of charge (baby cots and extra beds available)
- Age 7-15 50% discount
Sharing your bedroom with another participant
As is the Caux tradition and in the spirit of bringing diverse people together, you may be allocated a twin room (with separated beds) to share with another participant if you are travelling alone and if:
- You are happy to share your room with another participant. In this case, please indicate this on your registration form and we will allocate another participant (same gender, same age range) to your room. You will be charged for a twin room instead of single room.
- We run out of single room availability, you may be asked to share your room with another participant (same gender, same age range). Our Reservation Team will inform you if this is the case and you will be charged the twin room rate.
Please indicate on your registration form if you specifically require a single room or have any special needs.