Caux Initiatives of Change: Perspectives for 2023-2024
Shared by Ignacio Packer, Executive Director of Caux IofC on 13 September 2023 at Hospitality for Change : an Exceptional Day at the Caux Palace
Our current developments framed by our strategy 2022-2025
Caux is a very unique place and is increasingly recognized as part of International Geneva. Unique not only by the spectacular surroundings and imposing mountains, but also the platform and network built and cultivated by Initiatives of Change over the years. Our Annual Forum, for instance, this year gathered 650 guests over a period of 10 days. The annual Forum brings together activists, government officials, parliamentarians and private sector leaders from all over the world.
Next year, July 2024, our forum is being prepared in collaboration with different network and UN with a focus on
- Practicing the Inner Development Goals (Caux becoming a IDG Global Center) and
- Europe’s role in switching from focusing on growth to focusing in humanity
Initiatives of Change has established a diverse and creative platform to explore how we can optimize collective action through our individual efforts.
We have an office and team in Geneva with a number of engagements on trust building, the promotion of ethical leadership and sustainable living. Our priorities for 2024-2025 are:
- the promotion of the Inner Development Goals in Geneva,
- artistic initiatives for peaceful conflict resolution
- our facilitation and training programme on trust building, ethical leadership
We have on-line and in-person trainings scheduled for the months to come.
- We are currently running with our youth group, Creative Leaderships, a 8 session on-line course on Weaving Our Narrative, a story sharing course.
- We run and host a number of residential courses on system changes, trust building, conflict transformation in action…. Subscribe to our newsletter and check our website for our training programmes.
- Our team of trainers working part time from some 20 countries tailor makes training modules and facilitation needs to your organization.
Caux provides a setting that allows us to see beyond geopolitical rivalries to develop new lines of action. And by focusing on our own individual leadership and the firm belief in the potential of personal transformation and agency, Caux fills a gap in the current landscape of global efforts for peace and democracy.
An increasing number of like-minded organizations choose our facilities for their retreats and seminars. Approximatively 40 in 2023. But this is not an ordinary seminar center as the concept combines the hotel and catering service with an offer of facilitation, training, development of concepts and tools.
Offering a Transformative Experience in Caux with a Hospitality for Change is the backbone of our current strategy.
Our international engagement goes hand in hand with our Swiss community engagement.
We are consolidating our Swiss community engagement. IofC is a movement of thousands of volunteers or fellows worldwide. The connection to the individual and its community wherever and whenever is at the heart of the mission.
The engagement in Switzerland focusses on:
- Art and Culture at the Caux Palace: Amongst others, with the lead of Saison Culturelle de Montreux, we have a partnership with SHMS. We will be hosting in December, in this theater, concerts with Francis Cabrel following artistic residences.
- Training offers adapted to the local contexts
- Living together initiatives – We are happy to announce today our partnership with the Migrant Reception Establishment of Vaud (EVAM) and the municipality of Montreux. Hospitality for Change starts at home and we extend our welcome, support and activities to the newly arrived refugees in Caux.
IofC's very distinctive collaborative advantages and added values rest in :
- Our mission recognizing that people act from a sense of global interdependence and responsibility acknowledging that changes in the global community are linked to changes in individuals
- Our achievements as a movement and network of 36 members in 45 countries and with 6 global centers;
- Our conducive role for innovation and transformative experiences by hosting in the Caux Palace.
We hope to see many of you come back to Caux as individuals or with your organization. It will always be for another “Transformative Experience”.
Register to our newsletter and follow us on social media.
Ignacio Packer has been Executive Director of the Caux - Initiatives of Change Foundation since 1 May 2023. Prior to this, he served as Executive Director of ICVA, the global consortium of humanitarian NGOs. Ignacio has over 30 years of experience in humanitarian work and development issues. He served a five-year term as Secretary General of the Terre des Hommes International Federation, and previously worked for the Terre des Hommes Foundation, the Swiss Tropical Institute, the European Association for Development and Health, Medecins Sans Frontieres, KPMG and the European Bank for Latin America. Ignacio is an expert on human rights and social issues and has been strongly engaged in global advocacy on protection frameworks for migrant and refugees with a particular focus on children and youth.